Course Dates13 September, 2019 - 20 September, 2019
Course TimesThis course will take place over the course of two weekends, and the particular dates are as follows:
Day 1: 11:00 – 19:00
Day 2: 8:00 – 16:00
Day 3: 8:00 – 16:00
Day 4: 11:00 – 19:00
Please note, these times may be subject to change. We will let you know if this is the case.
- Learners must be 16 years of age on the first day of their course
- No formal entry requirements
- No prior teaching experience is needed.
- Able to swim, even if it’s only a little way!
- Excited about inspiring young children to swim ‘the Becky way’
- You will need to have an enhanced DBS before the start date of the course, if you don't then please email: email@example.com
£350.00 which includes all learning resources and registration costs
What will the course offer
This course is predominantly practical and designed to teach candidates all the skills they need to work alongside a fully qualified teacher. The course will include tips from Becky Adlington on how to be a great assistant for swimming lessons and help children swim ‘the Becky way’.
Courses are 30 hours over 4 days. These hours are broken down as follows...
26 guided learning hours – Tutor led contact hours including:
- 10 hours poolside – minimum of 2 x 30 min lessons, peer assessment and observation work
- 16 hours classroom
- 4 hours reading, work sheets and session plans at home
About your tutor, Graeme
As a qualified RLSS trainer/assessor, Graeme has delivered national pool lifeguard courses and swim teacher rescue qualifications since 2013. Now a qualified Swim England tutor, he is eager to train the next generation of swim teachers through Becky Adlington Training. A passionate swim teacher and equally as passionate at tutoring, Graeme helps to share his wide range of experience at every opportunity. This experience includes operating a specialist pool for young people with complex disabilities, and more recently managing a team of teachers across Merseyside.