Course Dates13 December, 2019 - 17 January, 2020
Course Dates DetailsThe course will be on the following dates:
13th-15th December 2019
17th January 2020
Course TimesDay 1: 11:00 – 19:00
Day 2: 8:00 – 16:00
Day 3: 8:00 – 16:00
Day 4: 11:00 – 19:00
Please note, these times may be subject to change. We will let you know if this is the case.
- Learners must be 16 years of age on the first day of their course
- No formal entry requirements
- No prior teaching experience is needed.
- Able to swim, even if it’s only a little way!
- Excited about inspiring young children to swim ‘the Becky way’
- You will need to have an enhanced DBS before the start date of the course, if you don't then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
£350.00 which includes all learning resources and registration costs
What will the course offer
This course is predominantly practical and designed to teach candidates all the skills they need to work alongside a fully qualified teacher. The course will include tips from Becky Adlington on how to be a great assistant for swimming lessons and help children swim ‘the Becky way’.
Courses are 30 hours over 4 days. These hours are broken down as follows...
26 guided learning hours – Tutor led contact hours including:
- 10 hours poolside – minimum of 2 x 30 min lessons, peer assessment and observation work
- 16 hours classroom
- 4 hours reading, work sheets and session plans at home
About your tutor, Kelly
Kelly has been an Swim England tutor since 2007 and has worked in vocational training and workforce development ever since. Her career in swimming spans almost two decades, including varied and diverse roles such as lead teacher at the University of Wales, Swimming Development Officer for Local Authority, Regional and National Roles with Swim England, Commercial, Operational and Quality Lead roles for various training providers. Qualified in tutoring, assessing, quality assurance and learning & Development and committed to developing great people, Kelly brings a range of experience, energy and determination to our provision, enabling our learners to be inspired and have confidence in their new skills and opportunities.