Course Dates10 June, 2020 - 22 July, 2020
Course Dates DetailsFull Timetable available on request
*ACTUAL START DATE IS 10th JUNE 2020*
Enrol by 27th MAY
Virtual Academy runs during June to July 2020
Maximum of 2 live lessons per week
Practical post July
Course TimesLive lessons run at various times, maximum of 2 hours per lesson
Full timetable available on request
100% attendance required
- Learners must be 16 years of age on the date of assessment (1st August 2020 onwards)
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and 100 metres continuously on back
- In deep water tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using a ladder/steps where pool design permits
- Must be able to attend 100% of ALL live lessons
- Must have access to laptop/device with speakers, microphone, web cam/camera
£250.00 which includes all learning resources and registration costs
What will the course offer
The internationally recognised Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS UK) National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is not only a qualification that will train you to become a Pool Lifeguard but can also be a stepping stone into a career within the leisure industry. In order to perform lifeguard duties, candidates must be physically fit, have good vision and hearing, be mentally alert and self-disciplined. The course requires a minimum of 36 hours training and requires 100% attendance.
The NPLQ covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguard Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the pool.
The NPLQ course syllabus and practical skills are continually assessed by the course trainer and a suitable level competence must be achieved to be put forward for a final independent assessment. The assessment will include written theory questions and practical demonstrations of water rescue skills, CPR and First Aid.
All courses are supervised by our excellent team of RLSS TA’s/ BAT Tutors, they will support, guide and mentor you along your learning journey to be inspired and confident in your new skills and role.